The Whole House Surge Protection Program is undergoing changes to decrease the procedure time for submitting claims. In the past the members would call SSVEC to process a claim for damages that resulted from a surge spike. In turn SSVEC would gather information from the member and call the manufacture for claim instructions and forms. The manufacture only allows 30-60 days to process claims from the date of failure. The manufacture will now collect the information to determine the surge devices and documentation required to process the claim.
Surge Program Changes:
- Members will call the manufacture to process claims for damages that result from a surge spike.
- SSVEC will remove and replace meter-base surge units and ship them to the manufacture when required for claims.
- SSVEC will continue to provide assistance for our members during the claim process.
- The Warranty and contact information for Surge product manufactures is located below for your convenience.
Surge Program still provides:
- Over the counter replacement for plug-in surge devices that are not part of a claim.
- Installation and replacement of Surge meter-base units at the home or business.
- Still the point of contact for surge installations and site (residential, commercial, well pumps, and irrigation systems) evaluations.
- The sale of additional surge plug-in devices over the counter.
The manufacture’s warranty explains that other devices such as a well pumps, telephone, cable, satellite, or television are not protected by the meter-base. You must use a separate plug-in or surge protection device for those item(s). The plug-in surge device (Starter Kit) was delivered at the initial installation of the meter-base. The manufacturer’s name can be found on the meter-base and surge plug-in devices.
Our hope is to have all claims and reimbursements handled as quickly as possible. SSVEC will still be your point of contact for all surge questions. The manufacturer’s contact information is listed below: